California Privacy Notice
Effective: January 1, 2020
Updated: December 31, 2019
When we say “Personal Information” in this Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal Information does not include information that is aggregated or information that cannot be reasonably linked to you.
How we collect, use, and share Personal Information
Sources of Personal Information
We receive Personal Information from the information that you and others provide, your device(s), and from our partners. The categories of sources from which we’ve collected or received Personal Information include:
- You: We collect the content, communications, and other information you provide when you use our Products, including when you sign up for an account, share content, and message or communicate with others. We collect information about the people, pages, groups, and accounts you are connected to, and how you interact with them across our Products. We also collect information about how you use our Products, such as the types of content you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the people or accounts you interact with, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
- Your device(s): We collect information from and about the computers, phones, and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our Products, and we combine this information across different devices you use.
- Partners: Service providers, application developers, and publishers and other partners can send us information for business purposes through the tools they use, including via APIs and SDKs. These partners may provide information about your activities outside of Mortgage Metrix products—including things you do using their services. Partners receive your data when you visit or use their services or through third parties they work with. We require each of these partners to have rights to collect, use, and share your data before providing any data to us.
How can you exercise your rights provided under the CCPA?
Under the CCPA, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose to you the Personal Information we collect, use, or disclose, and information about our data practices;
- Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information that we have collected from you;
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
To exercise your “right to know” or your “right to request deletion,” contact email@example.com.
Please note that to protect your information and the integrity of our Products, we may need to verify your identity before processing your request. In some cases, we may need to collect additional information to verify your identity, such as a government issued ID.
Under the CCPA, you may exercise these rights yourself or you may designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. We may request that your authorized agent have written permission from you to make requests on your behalf and may need to verify your authorized agent’s identity.
Contact for more information
If you have additional questions about this Notice or how to exercise your rights under the CCPA, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.